Heat Pump Repair in Central New Jersey
Get repairs when you need them by calling the experts at Arctic Air Conditioning. Our professional technicians have been providing heat pump repair services to your friends and neighbors in central New Jersey since 1977. We can help you with any issue you’re having from noisy operation to poor performance and more.
Need Heat Pump Service in Central Jersey?
At Arctic Air Conditioning, we know heat pumps—we’ve been working with them since 1977! We’ve seen every possible problem you could have with your system, both big and small, and we have the tools and skills necessary to repair any issue you may be having. Call us if you have any of the following problems with your heat pump:
- Inadequate heating or cooling – If your heat pump isn’t producing as much heat as it usually does it may have low refrigerant charge caused by a leak or improper installation. It could also have low air or water flow rates. It’s even possible you don’t need repair at all—it’s just the wrong size! New heat pump installation is your best bet.
- Heat pump doesn’t operate in heating mode – Occasionally, heat pumps won’t operate well when you switch them over to heating mode. This can be caused by a number of things, from a low-pressure lock-out to a stuck reversing valve or even total compressor failure. Whatever the issue, call us to have it fixed fast.
- Your heating costs are up – If your heat pump is losing efficiency, you may have improper control settings or you could be using your thermostat improperly.
- Your compressor is frozen – Compressors go through defrost cycles constantly throughout the winter (they have defrost timers for this exact reason). However, if your heat pump freezes and doesn’t defrost, it may be due to inadequate elevation of the heat pump, especially in areas where snowfall can block drainage of condensation and cause it to freeze in the unit. Frozen heat pumps can also be caused by dirty air filters in the spring.
Is it Too Cold for My Heat Pump to Run in Central New Jersey?
When a homeowner is peeking around online looking at how to fix a heat pump or for some clues about how to troubleshoot a heat pump, they might come across this fairly common discussion. Many will assert that your heat pump might have problems in cold weather. Is this true, and could it be why your heat pump is not heating properly? Highly unlikely! This problem, which many older heat pump models experienced, has been solved with newer technology.
The claim revolves around the fact that a heat pump begins to lose effectiveness at around 20-25 degrees Fahrenheit. However, cold weather will not keep your heat pump from heating! Modern heat pumps have circumvented this problem by adding what is referred to as auxiliary heating, where the heat pump will switch to using gas heat or electric heat in order to make up the difference. You’ll lose a small amount of efficiency, but the system will still heat perfectly fine.
In most cases, a heat pump not heating properly or a heat pump not turning on is going to relate to a problem with air flow, the heat pump air filter, or a compressor not turning on. The temperature outdoors won’t factor much into a modern heat pump, depending on the model.
When you’re searching for HVAC repair, contact Arctic Air Conditioning! Our heat pump contractors have the knowledge and skill to find the exact cause of your trouble, no matter what.
Why Choose Arctic Air for Heat Pump Repair in Central Jersey?
- Availability: Service is available 7 days a week. We have a fully stocked inventory of parts and supplies for the following manufacturers: Lennox, Goodman, Ruud, Rheem, York, Carrier, Bryant, Comfortmaker, Trane, and many more!
- Reliability: You can rely on us to install and service your equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Customization: We’ll customize a system to meet your heating and air conditioning needs.
- Top Award Winning Lennox Dealer: We are a Lennox Premier Dealer and have received one of the highest awards from Lennox, “The Circle of Excellence” in 2006, 2007, and 2010. See our awards »
- Exceptional installations: Our equipment is installed by highly qualified, fully insured technicians, who take pride in each and every job they complete.
- Competitive pricing: We’ll provide you with quality equipment and service at the lowest possible prices. Technical advice is given over the phone at no charge.
At Arctic Air Conditioning, we’ve been providing expert quality New Jersey heat pump repair to families throughout Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Ocean, Union, and Somerset counties since 1977.
Contact us online or by phone at 732-455-9110 to schedule your service!