Generators in Old Bridge, New Jersey
If you frequently lose power due to storms, ice, or other events, don’t settle for sitting in the dark – call Artic Air for a whole home generator. Many homeowners wait until they hear that a major storm is on the way to buy a generator. Instead of rushing the purchase, we recommend that you talk to our friendly team for expert guidance on choosing the best generator for your needs. A whole home generator can last anywhere from 20-40 years, so it’s a decision that will affect you for a long time!
For generator services in Old Bridge, contact us online or by phone at 732-455-9110. We install & repair whole home generators to keep you prepared. Schedule a consultation today!
About Whole Home Generators
Whole home generators are also called standby or stationary generators. As opposed to portable generators, they are permanently installed in your home and are always ready to kick in. If your power goes out, they will turn on within seconds to restore it. Depending on the size of the generator you install, they can provide power for your entire house, or just for essentials like HVAC and refrigeration. Since they run on propane or natural gas and are hooked up to a fuel supply, they can provide power for days.
Our Generator Services in Old Bridge
Count on the team at Artic Air for all your generator needs in Old Bridge! Our generator services include:
- Generator installation & replacement – Our team will perform calculations to determine what size generator fits your needs. We’ll then expertly install your new whole home so that you’re prepared for the next power outage.
- Generator repair – If your generator has trouble starting or running, don’t wait for it to die during a power outage. Call Artic Air for expert generator repair to ensure that it will be there for you during the next big storm.
- Generator maintenance – Schedule annual generator maintenance with Artic Air to ensure that your generator lasts its full service life with minimal repair needs.
For whole home generator installation, repair, & maintenance in Old Bridge, trust the experts at Artic Air! Contact us online or give us a call at 732-455-9110 today.
Our Generator Brands
At Artic Air, we strive to provide top of the line equipment to our customers. For that reason, we carry and install Generac brand generators. Since 1959, Generac has built a reputation as one of the most popular generator brands in the world. They’re especially well known for their reliable standby generators and excellent customer service. Along with high quality products at affordable prices, Generac offers generous warranties to protect your investment.
Generator Pros & Cons
When investing in a standby generator, it’s important to make sure that a generator is the right solution for you. Whole home generators bring many benefits, but they also have some drawbacks. By being aware of these factors, you can decide which features are important and choose a generator with the least amount of disadvantages for your situation.
Whole Home Generator Pros:
- Hassle-free – Once your whole home generator is set up, it will kick on automatically if you lose power.
- Days of power – Whole home generators are designed to run for days if needed, meaning you’ll never be left in the cold or heat without power.
- Keep food from spoiling – With power to your refrigerator through even long outages, you can keep food from spoiling.
- Maintains comfort – With consistent power to your HVAC system, you’ll be able to maintain a comfortable home regardless of the weather outside. You can also make sure that your home stays warm enough to prevent pipes from bursting in the winter.
- Power essential equipment – If you or a family member require medical support equipment, a generator will keep that essential equipment going through a power outage.
Whole Home Generator Cons:
- Noise – Generators can make a lot of noise when running. This might irritate you or your neighbors. Some generators are designed to be far quieter than others, and manufacturers will generally specify the noise level in the product information.
- Cost – Whole home generators can get very expensive. However, it is an investment that will last 20-40 years (depending on frequency of use).
- Not DIY friendly – Whole home generators should only be installed, repaired, and maintained by qualified professionals, which increases the cost of having one.
Hire a Professional for Generator Installation & Repair
You may be a DIY pro, but installing or repairing a standby generator is not your average home project. Safe installation requires knowledge of your home’s electrical system, plumbing, and possibly natural gas connections. Generators also need to adhere to local, state, and HOA regulations. A miscalculation or an oversight during an installation or a repair can have consequences ranging from your generator just not working all the way to electrical fires or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Instead, call in the generator experts at Artic Air. We’ll help you choose a generator that can handle your home’s load, then safely install it for optimal performance. If your generator is malfunctioning, give us a call for repair. Our technicians have seen and fixed it all before, so we’ll be able to quickly and accurately pinpoint the problem. We’ll have your generator ready so that it will be there when you need it!
Choose Artic Air for Your Generator Needs in Old Bridge, NJ
For whole home generator installation, repair, and maintenance in Old Bridge, look no further than Artic Air! Since 1977 we’ve been providing home comfort solutions to our neighbors in Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Somerset, and Ocean counties. As a family owned and operated company, we focus on providing top of the line equipment with the best installation and service available in the industry. Our expert team will set you up with a high quality generator that’s perfectly suited for your needs, so that you can enjoy decades of consistent power, come what may.
Need a whole home generator in Old Bridge? Count on the experienced team at Artic Air! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule your free consultation for generator installation. We also offer 24/7 generator repair service!
What size generator do I need?
Generators are sized based on their electrical output, which is measured in watts. To determine the correct size for your needs, add up the wattage requirements of all the appliances you want to power with your generator and choose a generator that can provide that amount of power.
Is it better to buy a portable generator to save money?
Portable generators are significantly cheaper than standby generators, but that price cut comes with drastically reduced features and capabilities. Portable generators must be manually set up for every power outage, and they can’t produce as much power as whole home generators. In spite of this reduced output, and they use a large amount of fuel and will need to be turned off and refueled during a lengthy outage.
How long do whole home generators last?
The service life of a whole home generator will depend on its size and type, but most of them can be expected to last anywhere from 1,500 – 3,000 hours. This means that they generally last 20-40 years, depending on how often they are used and how well they are maintained.