Maintenance Plan Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I perform preventive maintenance?
HVAC systems work incredibly hard to perform their functions for your household. The constant stopping, starting, and continual operation can wear down your HVAC system quickly and unexpectedly if proper care and maintenance don’t happen. By performing preventive maintenance or servicing your system regularly, you can maximize the life cycle of your heating or cooling unit and protect your system against many unexpected failures.
For preventive maintenance services in the Old Bridge, NJ area, trust Arctic Air Conditioning – call our team at 732-455-9110 or contact us online.
2. What HVAC equipment requires preventive maintenance?
At least twice a year, heat pumps and air conditioners require a professional tune-up.
Inspection on furnace systems includes:
- Fuel lines
- Gas meters
- Oil tank
- And every part of the actual furnace
Inspection on heat pumps and air conditioning units includes:
- Indoor coils
- Outdoor coils
- Refrigerant lines
3. What type of filter should I use for my HVAC system?
Standard furnace filters work well to keep your system and its ductwork clean, but they don’t really improve indoor air quality. For indoor air quality, you need a media filter. The media filter rests between the main return duct and the blower cabinet and improves dust and particle removal over a standard furnace filter.
4. What is the best way to run my heating and cooling system?
- Change the filters
- Check the outside condensing unit regularly for anything stuck to the coil
- Have the unit serviced every spring/fall by a licensed service company
For heating and cooling system services near you, call Arctic Air Conditioning 732-455-9110 or contact us online today.