Standby Generators in Old Bridge, NJ
The Standby Generator Difference
Like many things in the HVAC world, standby generators go by many different names. Sometimes they’re called stationary generators, and others refer to them as whole-home generators. No matter what its called, the key aspects that define this elusive technology are:
- Permanent installation. Standby generators are usually large and non-portable. They’re installed by a technician in a convenient space on your property.
- Automatic operation. Unlike many portable generators, the big advantage of a standby generator is that it’s on standby! That means if your power goes out, your standby generator will kick in in seconds with no user action required and keep the lights on.
Keep the lights on through anything. Call us at 732-455-9110 or contact us online today to learn more about standby generators.
Our Standby Generator Services in Old Bridge
- Standby generator installation & replacement – Since a standby generator is a permanent fixture, choosing the right one is an important decision – and there’s a lot to get wrong. That’s why our team at Arctic Air will perform careful calculations to determine the best size, make, and model of generator for your needs and your budget.
- Standby generator repair – If you already have a standby generator, but it’s causing you more hassle than convenience, we’re here to help. Our technicians have never met a standby generator they couldn’t diagnose, and it’s best to take care of a problem before the next power outage. Trying to repair a generator yourself can be dangerous if you don’t have the proper training, not to mention more costly in the long run.
- Standby generator maintenance – Technology has advanced in recent years, and standby generators don’t need a prohibitive amount of maintenance. However, an annual inspection and tune-up are recommended to ensure your generator lasts as long as possible and doesn’t eat into your repair budget.
For standby generator maintenance, repair, installation, or replacement in Old Bridge, call on the experts at Arctic Air! Call us at 732-455-9110 or contact us online today to learn more and schedule service.
Choose Arctic Air for Your Standby Generator Needs in Old Bridge, NJ
We’ve been providing superior standby generator services to the residents of Old Bridge since 1977. As a family-owned and -operated company, we stand on trust, integrity, and expertise you can count on. Our technicians will set you up for success with a top-of-the-line standby generator that’s customized to meet your needs so you can enjoy a reliable power source for years to come.
Don’t wait! Get in touch today to keep the lights on and the fridge running. Call us at 732-455-9110 or contact us online today to talk to a trained professional.
Standby Generator FAQs
How long can a standby generator run without stopping?
Most modern standby generators can run continuously for as long as two to three weeks!
Can you install your own standby generator?
We recommend hiring a professional to install your standby generator. Unlike tiling the bathroom or changing your car’s oil, home generator installation involves messing with wires, plumbing, and gas fixtures – all complex and dangerous even for the most experienced DIY folks.
How often should you run a standby generator?
To adequately exercise the generator and test it’s in working order, you should run your standby generator at least once a week for 30 minutes.