Do Heat Pumps Work in Hot Weather?
Thinking about installing a heat pump in your home to replace your air conditioner in time for the cooling season (it’s getting warm fast!) so you can save money? Perhaps you’re wondering how well a heat pump will work in warm weather.
So do heat pumps work in central New Jersey, where it gets brutally cold in the winter but hot and humid during the summer months? Keep reading to learn more—or contact us if you’re ready to install a heat pump in your home!
We also offer financing options to make improving the heating and cooling in your home that much easier.
Using a Heat Pump as an Air Conditioner
Heat pumps are a convenient, energy-efficient alternative way to both heat and cool your home in New Jersey. Like air conditioners, heat pumps simply use a heat absorbing refrigerant to move heat from one place to another. In the winter, that means moving heat from outside to inside (yes, there’s still heat in the air when it’s cold), and in the summer, moving warm air from inside the house to outside.
The team at Arctic Air Conditioning can replace your air conditioner with a heat pump, which you can use for cooling this summer. There are many benefits of installing a heat pump, including:
- Improved energy efficiency – Since a heat pump doesn’t require the burning of fuels, it is an incredibly efficient option for heating and cooling your home.
- Lower utility bills – Generally, when you have increased energy efficiency, it results in lower monthly utility bills. These are savings that can be seen overtime.
- Environmental friendliness – Another important benefit of installing a heat pump is that they are environmentally friendly. They produce low emissions because they don’t require combustion to regulate the temperature in your home.
- Increased overall comfort – A standard heating system, such as a furnace, can not only cause inconsistent heating with blasts of hot air, but also a dry and uncomfortable atmosphere. A heat pump can alleviate both of these problems by producing consistent, lower temperature air rather than very hot, dry air.
- Year-round operation – Of course, the most important benefit of installing a heat pump is that it can be used for heating and cooling. So no matter what you need to keep your home comfortable, one system’s got it all!
In the winter, you’ll need a backup heat source, for those times when the temperatures get too cold. Since it often gets below freezing here in New Jersey in the winter, we recommend installing a backup heating system that will kick in when necessary to provide supplemental heating.
But a heat pump will work just fine for the next few months, keeping you cool and comfortable! Our expert technicians will perform all of the necessary calculations to determine what size heat pump you need to deliver the highest performance possible.
Heat Pump Installation in Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer & Ocean Counties
At Arctic Air Conditioning, we’ve been providing expert quality heat pump installation to families throughout central New Jersey since 1977.
Schedule your heat pump installation today by calling 732-455-9110 or filling out the form in the sidebar!