Radiant Heat Installation in Central New Jersey
The days of stepping barefoot onto cold tiles first thing in the morning are behind you—if, that is, you invest in a radiant heating installation for your home! Radiant, or hydronic, heating is installed below the floor and uses a series of tubes to carry hot water through your home. This water radiates heat through the house from the floor up—meaning you get to keep the heat where you actually are.
If you’re interested in hydronic heating installation in Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Ocean, Union, or Somerset County, New Jersey, give Arctic Air Conditioning a call at 732-455-9110!
The Benefits of Radiant Heating
There are numerous benefits of radiant floor heating, including:
Increased home comfort – Of course, one of the greatest benefits of a radiant heating installation is the significant increase in overall home comfort. Radiant heating keeps the heat in your home where you need it—near you. It provides consistent, even temperatures, and you’ll never experience any cold pockets—not to mention the fact that you’ll never have to step barefoot onto a cold floor again!
Improved energy efficiency – A radiant heating system uses significantly less energy to operate compared to traditional forced air heating systems, meaning you can save money on your monthly heating bills and, over time, recoup the cost of installation.
Compatible with all flooring types – If you install a radiant heating system in your central New Jersey home, you’re not confined to just one or two types of flooring—you can install anything you’d like over your radiant heating system and it will operate perfectly fine. This includes, but is not limited to, carpet, hardwood, tile, slate, linoleum, and concrete.
Clean, healthy heat – Since your radiant heating system won’t depend on the movement of air from one place to another, you’ll never have to worry about dust and debris being circulated throughout your home.
Less noticeable operation – This means you won’t hear or see your system operating. It doesn’t require bulky ductwork or make any noises. The water will flow soundlessly below your feet, and you’ll never have to worry about a thing.
Common Questions About Radiant Floor Heating
- How does a hydronic heating system work? A series of sealed pipes are installed underneath your flooring, and through the use of gas or electric energy, heated water is pumped through the pipes, supplying powerful and even home heating.
- What type of flooring can be used with an underfloor heating system? Whether you’re looking to warm concrete, vinyl, wood, or any other common floor material, a radiant heating system can be installed (or retrofitted in the case of installing radiant floor heating in an existing home) within anything.
- Can underfloor heating replace radiators? The exact answer would depend on your heat load needs and level of heat loss, but in most cases, you can completely remove radiators from the equation!
- Is radiant floor heating cost effective? It’s substantially more efficient than baseboard heating. Typically, the cost to operate is also more efficient than most types of furnace or boiler heat. This is because the process of forced-air heating, which isn’t involved in radiant floor heating, results in significant heat loss.
- Can you heat a whole house with radiant floor heating? Radiant or hydronic heating systems are more than capable of taking care of your entire home, top to bottom. Because they heat very evenly, they’re great for minimizing cold spots.
- How long do hydronic heating systems last? Assuming correct maintenance and a proper, professional installation, you should be able to expect 15+ years of good service life.
Can I DIY My Own Radiant Heating Installation?
Before you start thinking “I can do that!” let our team help you understand just how complex a radiant heating installation can be. In order to be certified to install radiant heating, a contractor has to go through specialized training courses, years of apprenticeship, and an extensive certification process.
Electric radiant heating installation requires many expensive tools and, more importantly, a precise understanding of these systems and how to integrate them into a home. Without these, any mistakes will result in a system that doesn’t work—or a system that could be dangerous to you and your home. In short, if you don’t want to waste time and money, leave it to a certified, experienced professional!
Looking for experienced radiant floor heating contractors “near me” in Central Jersey? Contact the team at Arctic Air Conditioning!
Schedule Your Underfloor Heating Installation in Central Jersey
If you’re interested in hydronic heating for your central New Jersey home, contact the experts at Arctic Air Conditioning. We have been installing and servicing radiant heating systems for over 30 years, and we can handle any size project. For the past five years, we have been using Uponor radiant heating systems because we believe they are the best product in the industry.
Schedule your radiant floor heating installation today by contacting us online or calling 732-455-9110!
We also offer radiant heating repair if you’ve run into a problem with your system!