What Are the Benefits of Installing a Dual Fuel Heating System?
Once the weather starts cooling down in the fall and it’s time to fire up your heater, you want to be sure that you’re able to warm up your house without your energy costs skyrocketing. With a dual fuel heat pump, you can heat your home efficiently while saving energy in the process.
Read on to get expert advice from our NATE-certified technicians at Arctic Air Conditioning in Central NJ and discover the benefits of installing a dual fuel heating system for your home.
5 Benefits of Installing a Dual Fuel Heating System
- Efficiency – Because they are made up of an electric heat pump and a gas furnace in one, dual fuel heating systems know when to save energy and when to kick into high gear. Typically, dual fuel systems use the electric heat pump in moderately cold weather, but they switch to the furnace component when the temperature reaches around 35°F. As a result, your home is able to get as warm as it needs to be when necessary, but you’ll still save money—and help the environment—in the meantime.
- Cost savings – As mentioned above, not running gas heat constantly will save you a lot of money in the long run. Gas is generally more expensive to use than electricity, so if your gas furnace is only in use for a fraction of the time, you’ll have much more money in your pocket. Though the price of installation for dual fuel heating system is higher than that of your average heat pump or furnace, the savings over time far outweigh the cost.
- Environmentally friendly – Without the need for gas constantly fueling your furnace, you’ll leave a lighter carbon footprint with the use of a dual fuel heating system. Since the heat pump uses electricity as its source of power, you’ll have a clean, sustainable source of heat for your home. Not only are you keeping yourself from breaking the bank, but you’re also helping the earth at the same time.
- Versatility – Dual fuel heat pumps are versatile and adaptable due to their ability to switch between functions precisely when needed. If it’s warm outside in the summer, the electric heat pump funnels the warm air outside of your home, keeping you and your family cool; in the chillier fall and early winter months, it keeps you warm. In the dead of winter when it’s freezing (or nearly freezing) outside, the heat pump shuts off and lets the furnace do the work. Because the dual fuel heating system is able to switch between functions so efficiently and transfers energy—rather than consuming it—it is an all-around ideal choice for people living in a climate that experiences all four seasons.
- Quiet operations – Due to the way that a dual fuel heating system is structured, and because the air compressor is located outside of your home, you will never have to worry about it keeping you up at night or waking you up too early in the morning. feature SilentComfort™ technology, so you’ll hardly even know it’s there.
Dual Fuel Heating System Installation in New Jersey
Since 1977, Arctic Air Conditioning has been meeting the HVAC needs of Central NJ. We offer a wide variety of heating and cooling services at affordable prices, and our financing options can help you get exactly what you need without the huge expense. You can even qualify for incentives from the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program. Whether you want to install a brand new dual fuel heating system or you just need maintenance and repair for your existing system, Arctic Air Conditioning has you covered.
To learn more about dual fuel heating systems and schedule your free estimate today, call us at (732) 251-1111 or contact us online! You could save up to thousands of dollars in rebates when you purchase a qualifying Lennox high-efficiency heating or cooling system with Arctic Air Conditioning. Act now!