What You Need to Know to Avoid AC Repair Scams
It’s every homeowner’s nightmare: thinking you’re hiring a legitimate, trustworthy HVAC contractor, only to find that you’ve been had! AC repair scams are all too common in central New Jersey, and they can end up costing you a lot in the long run—not just in dollars, but in stress and time, too! However, if you know what to look for and how to avoid possible AC repair scams, you can keep all those shady HVAC companies at bay.
Want to learn more about finding a trustworthy HVAC company for AC repair in Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, or Ocean County, New Jersey? Call Arctic Air Conditioning at 732-455-9110—we can provide our license numbers, certifications, BBB accreditations, and more!
Signs of a Possible AC Repair Scam
It isn’t always easy to tell if someone is trying to cheat you, but the pros at Arctic Air Conditioning know what to look for to avoid potential AC repair scams. Look out for:
- Little or no professional brochures or information available on their products, services, guarantees, or warranties
- Limited company information available – no website or a simple one-page site
- No proof of insurance or bonding
- No awards, accreditations, or recognitions in the industry – particularly with associations like the Better Business Bureau
- No physical address – you should always be wary of a company that doesn’t have a physical address because they could disappear overnight
- Incredibly low prices – get quotes for your repair from multiple HVAC companies—if one comes up a lot lower than the others, you should throw it out
- High-pressure sales tactics – if the company or technician is trying really hard to scare you or persuade you to make a rash, immediate decision on your work, it’s possible they’re trying to scam you—take the time to get a second opinion
- Unable to provide references – if the company can’t provide references, this is a very bad sign
Hire the HVAC Company You Can Trust in Central New Jersey
If you live in central New Jersey, call the one HVAC company you can trust: Arctic Air Conditioning. Our fully licensed and insured technicians will offer you complete quotes and recommendations about your equipment without trying to upsell you with unnecessary products and services. Do you want to learn more about our company or schedule your AC repair? Contact us today or visit our awards and accreditations page!