Water Heater Repair in Sayreville, New Jersey
Water heater repair is urgent—it cannot wait. If you need fast, reliable service in Sayreville, call our team at Arctic Air Conditioning. We work with gas and electric water heaters—in both tankless and conventional configurations. Our NATE-certified technicians are happy to answer any questions you have and perform comprehensive water heater repairs to make sure your home’s system is in the best shape it can be.
To schedule a free estimate with Arctic Air Conditioning in Sayreville, call (732) 455-9110 or contact us online today!
Do I Need Water Heater Repair?
Do you need water heater repair or is your issue common? It can be difficult to tell. While some signs are clear, others can leave you feeling unsure. You may need repair or a full water heater replacement if your water heater is:
- Not producing hot water – If your water heater stops doing its job, there could be a number of reasons why, from a faulty pilot light to a broken thermostat. If your water doesn’t stay hot long enough, this needs to be taken care of right away.
- Leaking – Is there a water leak around the bottom of the heater? There could be a leak in the tank itself or a plumbing connection issue.
- Building up minerals – If you have hard water, it may cause calcium mineral buildup. A water softener or scale filter is usually recommended.
- Producing discolored water – If the water is discolored or “rusty” and you have a glass-lined water heater tank, this is an indication that corrosion has begun. It may also mean that the anode rod—an aluminum or magnesium rod that slowly dissolves into the tank to prevent corrosion—is failing.
- Smelling – Foul odors are not a good sign and usually indicate a problem with your water heater. A “rotten egg” smell is most likely caused by bacteria forming in built-up sediment. Draining your water heater can help prevent this unhealthy buildup.
- Making noise – A noisy water heater is usually a sign of an issue that needs to be fixed. A high-pitched whining noise usually means that a layer of scale has built up on electric heating elements. A rumbling or banging noise can indicate that excessive sediment buildup is overheating the bottom of the tank, causing the water to boil and make a lot of noise. A whistling sound indicates a number of potential problems, including a crack in your water heater tank.
- Turning off unexpectedly – If your water heater keeps shutting off, be sure to have it repaired right away to avoid that dreaded cold shower.
Water Heater Repair Services in Sayreville
Arctic Air Conditioning repairs all types of water heaters in Sayreville, from tankless gas models to electric tank water heaters. We serve homeowners throughout central New Jersey, and we are happy to offer a full range of HVAC services to cover all of your heating and cooling needs. We also offer financing options and rebates to give you the services you need at a price you can afford.
To schedule water heater repair with Arctic Air Conditioning in Sayreville, call (732) 455-9110 or contact us online today!