Don’t Forget to Schedule Your Spring Air Conditioner Maintenance
Once the temperature starts to rise, you’ll need to make the switch to air conditioning for the year, but is your system ready? At Arctic Air Conditioning, we can help you with all your spring HVAC maintenance to ensure your home is in tip-top shape for the coming seasons!
Schedule your spring AC inspection in the central New Jersey area today by calling 732-455-9110 or filling out the form in the sidebar.
Spring Air Conditioning Maintenance
Your HVAC systems need to be inspected once a year—once before the cooling season for the AC and once before the heating season for your furnace. Routine maintenance goes a long way toward avoiding costly repairs and premature replacements down the road and can help you enjoy more efficient and consistent performance throughout the year.
So, what is going to happen during your spring air conditioner maintenance? Some things include:
- Checking the thermostat settings – this will help ensure your AC and thermostat are communicating correctly and that your system will be as efficient as possible.
- Tightening all of the electrical connections – faulty electrical connections are a big concern because they can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components. Our technicians will tighten all the electrical connections and measure the voltage and currents of motors.
- Checking the condensate drain – a plugged up condensate drain can be a major concern because it can lead to water damage in your house and affect your humidity levels—which can in turn negatively impact your indoor air quality.
- Checking the controls of the system – we’ll make sure that the system starts, stops, and operates properly and safely.
- Cleaning any dirty coils – dirty evaporator and condenser coils reduce your air conditioner’s ability to cool your home and can cause your system to run longer and work harder to do the same job—that means increasing your energy costs and decreasing the life of your equipment!
- Checking the refrigerant levels – if you have too much or too little refrigerant in your air conditioner, it won’t operate effectively. Since your air conditioner is charged with refrigerant when installed, incorrect levels indicate either that the system was improperly installed or you have a leak.
- Cleaning the blower components – airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent (according to the Department of Energy), so it’s important to ensure proper airflow by cleaning and adjusting the blower components.
- Changing the air filters – although this is something you should be doing every 1 – 3 months anyway (at least once a month during the peak of the summer), your tech will swap out a dirty filter to improve efficiency and performance.
Schedule Your Air Conditioning Maintenance Today
It’s important to ensure your system is in peak condition before you start cooling your home this season. Let the experts at Arctic Air Conditioning help you improve your energy efficiency and system performance by scheduling your air conditioning maintenance in central New Jersey today, including Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Union, and Ocean County, NJ.
Contact us online or by phone at 732-455-9110 to schedule your air conditioning maintenance.