What Is a NATE-Certified Technician?
If you want an experienced contractor to perform a superior installation, tune-up, or repair on your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, you need to choose one that hires technicians certified by North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Learn more about this program and what sets NATE-certified technicians apart.
What Is NATE?
This independent, non-profit organization was founded in 1997 with the goal of training and testing technicians on the skills they need to work in the HVAC industry. Being NATE-certified means the technician has passed specialized tests in air conditioning, gas and oil furnaces, heat pumps, refrigeration, and air distribution. As technicians pass each certification exam, they prove their knowledge and hands-on ability to install, maintain, and repair heating and cooling equipment.
It’s important to understand that NATE certifies HVAC technicians, but it doesn’t supervise or employ them—instead, it’s up to individual HVAC contractors to seek out techs with NATE certification.
Benefits of Hiring NATE-Certified Technicians
You might wonder if there’s really a difference between ordinary technicians and those with NATE certification. Just consider the benefits that come with your technician’s additional training:
- Certified installation: Proper HVAC installation is vital to get the most from your upgrade. NATE-certified technicians are capable of performing professional installations to help your equipment operate at peak performance.
- Thorough maintenance: There’s a lot more to annual maintenance than just changing the filter. NATE-certified technicians provide thorough tune-ups to help you avoid future breakdowns, lower your utility bills, and prolong equipment life.
- Fast, efficient repairs: NATE-certified technicians are familiar with the issues that cause heating and cooling equipment failures. They can quickly diagnose and fix these problems with minimal delay.
- Fewer callbacks: You want the job done right the first time around. Thanks to their superior training, NATE-certified technicians have a callback-free performance rate of 74 percent compared to 68 percent for non-certified techs.
- Access to advice and knowledge: Who better to ask for tips on changing the air filter or lowering your cooling bills than a NATE-certified technician? Expert training means your tech is prepared to answer all your questions on the spot.
Hire a NATE-Certified Technician for HVAC Service in Central Jersey
To work with a contractor that only employs NATE certified technicians, choose Arctic Air Conditioning for your next HVAC installation, maintenance, or repair. We proudly serve Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, and Ocean counties in New Jersey. Contact us today!