How Much Does a Furnace Cost?
With the winter season steadily creeping up on New Jersey, you might be considering a new furnace installation for your home. If you don’t have reliable heating in your home, we certainly hope you do! At the same time, it’s no secret that a new heating system can be a fairly large investment. Trying to suss out the costs versus benefits? The experts at Arctic Air Conditioning in Old Bridge can help you out!
What Kind of Costs Can I Expect?
A new HVAC system can cost anywhere between approximately $1,900 – $5,100 depending on the brand you select. At Arctic Air Conditioning, we feature only the highest quality Lennox furnaces—known for their dependability, efficiency, and lifespan—which typically run between $3,600 – $4,500.
The hard part of the question is that there are a ton of variables at play when thinking about installing a new furnace in Central Jersey. You should consider all of these questions:
- Do you need new ductwork? The vast majority of modern homes already have ductwork. However, if your home is new or had a boiler beforehand—or if your old ducts are shot—new ductwork installation will impact the cost of your new furnace.
- What size furnace system do you need? The size of the furnace is of course based on the size of your home. You need a furnace that is sufficient enough to heat efficiently!
- Are you choosing gas, electric, or oil heating? Electric heating is the lowest purchase cost, but it costs the most to operate, leading to a higher overall cost in the end. Oil is slightly better, but gas is the most efficient even though it has the highest upfront cost.
- What brand are you going for? Brand matters, and in more than one way. You want a brand that is reliable and that carries a strong reputation, so if you’re going to splurge anywhere, this is where we recommend you do so.
- What kind of features do you want? Adding programmable thermostats or high-efficiency systems can pay off in the long run, but they will definitely increase the initial purchase cost.
The Benefits of a New Furnace Installation
With all of those variables in mind, you might be feeling a little overwhelmed. Maybe consider a furnace repair before you dive into a new system. If the problems you’re having can be repaired, go for that, as long as it takes one repair to get it done. After one, it’s not worth it, because a new system will be more cost-efficient and a lot less stressful.
Besides, a new furnace can offer you a lot of excellent advantages:
- Reliable heating – We’re not necessarily known for our winters, but we get plenty of frigid nights and uncomfortable mornings. You need a system that can be trusted, and a new one offers all of the reliability you’ll need this year.
- Energy-efficiency – A heating system’s ability to heat your home evenly and efficiently has a direct impact on how much fuel or energy it uses. If you want lower utility bills, a new furnace is how you do it (along with consistent furnace maintenance!).
- Lower repair and maintenance costs – You can expect many years of faithful service from a new system, which can be a huge relief to homeowners who struggle with mounting repair costs.
Schedule Furnace Installation in New Jersey
Looking for a team you can trust? Experts with experience, dedication, and leading quality products? That’s us! At Arctic Air Conditioning, we take great care in offering clients the most value at reasonable pricing so that you and your family can stay warm and comfortable all winter long.
To schedule furnace installation or learn more about the services from Arctic Air Conditioning in Old Bridge, NJ, contact us online or call (732) 455-9110 today!