Having Air Conditioner Problems in Your Home?
It’s nice to know that an expect HVAC technician from Arctic Air Conditioning is only a phone call away, but sometimes simple troubleshooting can solve your problem without the need to call in the pros. Here are three examples of common AC problems and quick fixes that could work for you.
AC Won’t Cool
When the temperature climbs and the air conditioner can’t keep your home cool, you may be able to avoid an AC repair with these troubleshooting tips:
- If the AC doesn’t come on at all, examine your breaker box and reset any breakers that have been tripped.
- Make sure the thermostat is on and set to cooling mode. Set the thermostat to your desired temperature and see if the air conditioner kicks on.
- If warm air comes through your vents, the indoor air handler may be running but the outdoor condenser isn’t. In this case, check the temperature setting. If this doesn’t fix the problem, turn off your thermostat for one to three hours in an attempt to make it reset. In the meantime, call a professional for expert help.
Airflow Is Poor
Place your hand over a few supply registers across your home while the AC is running. If the airflow is pitiful, here’s what to do:
- Examine the air filter and clean or replace it if it appears dirty. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendation, which is usually to replace the filter every one to three months.
- Look for water dripping from the indoor evaporator coil. The coils may be frozen, resulting in poor airflow. Turn off your thermostat for one to three hours in an attempt to unfreeze the system. In the meantime, call in the professionals to take a look.
AC Runs Constantly
The air conditioner should cycle on for a few minutes and turn back off when it reaches the target temperature. If the unit stays on constantly, try these tips:
- Set the thermostat from “On” to “Auto.”
- Set the temperature as high as comfortably possible. We recommend 78 degrees.
- If these fixes don’t work, you probably have an undersized air conditioner. A technician from Arctic Air Conditioning can verify this and recommend a properly sized replacement AC.
AC Repair in Edison & Surrounding Areas in Central Jersey
Your attempts to solve air conditioner problems on your own may not be enough to restore a comfortable temperature. To schedule AC repair for your home in the Edison, New Jersey area, contact Arctic Air Conditioning today!