My AC Is Making a Weird Noise
To many homeowners, their air conditioner is just a big hunk of machinery—and most only have a working understanding of how all the moving pieces work. So when something goes wrong or just doesn’t sound quite right, they’re totally in a bind. Thumps, bumps, crashes, and clanks can be very disconcerting when they’re coming from your AC, and how can you tell the difference between normal and strange?
Find out why your AC is making weird noises—call Arctic Air Conditioning at 732-455-9110 or contact us online!
Weird Noises Coming from Your AC
Unfortunately, if there are loud, abnormal noises coming from your air conditioner, it is probably not a good sign and requires repair at the very least. However, there are a lot of different types of sounds that can come from your AC, and they all mean different things:
- Chirping – one of the few noises that you don’t have to worry about too much is chirping. Usually, chirping noises are just your air conditioner getting started after not being run in some time.
- Clicking – if your system is making a clicking sound, you should give us a call right away. Often, clicking sounds mean that there is an issue with your air conditioner’s electrical system—which can be dangerous if not addressed.
- Squealing – generally, a squealing AC is having problems with the fan belt—and it’s not going to stop until it’s fixed.
- Hissing – hissing sounds can mean that your refrigerant is leaking out of your system. You need to call for repairs right away if this is the case because your AC can’t operate properly without it.
- Rattling – there are a lot of reasons why your AC could be rattling, and they range in severity. Many times, a rattling noise can indicate that your air conditioner is starting to wear down and parts are becoming loose. However, the source of the rattling could also be twigs, leaves, or toys that have gotten into your system.
There are other sources of excess noise that could be coming from your system, but the ones listed above are some of the most common. If you have a strange noise coming from your system that isn’t addressed here, give the pros at Arctic Air Conditioning a call. We can accurately diagnose your system and get you back up and running in no time.
Get AC Repair When You Need It
Don’t put up with a noisy air conditioner that isn’t operating properly—not only is it annoying, it could be costing you money and causing your equipment to deteriorate at an accelerated rate. The experts at Arctic Air Conditioning have been helping people in central New Jersey (including Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, and Ocean Counties) with all their AC repair and AC replacement needs. We will diagnose the source of your issue and fix it quickly and reliably.
Contact us online or by phone at 732-455-9110 to schedule an appointment!