What do I do when the heat goes out?
No one wants to shiver through a cold winter night in central New Jersey, so what do you do when the heat goes out?
If the rest of the power in your home is working but your heat isn’t running, contact Arctic Air Conditioning right away because the problem is most likely linked to your heating system. In the event of an emergency, we can schedule your service as soon as possible to help ensure a safe, warm environment for you and your family.
Click the following links to learn more about these services:
If the power has gone out in your home, there are a few things you should do:
- Call the power company (they may not be able to turn your power on right away, but it can help alert them to the problem)
- Put on layers
- Use your fireplace
- Keep your family together in one room, close the doors or hang up blankets to block the heat in one room
- Bring in an outside fuel-burning heat source such as a grill
- Leave space heaters unattended
- Open the fridge or freezer unless necessary, as they release small amounts of cold air each time
If your heat has gone out in Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, or Ocean County, NJ, call the experts at Arctic Air Conditioning at 732-455-9110 or contact us online.