Tankless Water Heater Installation in Old Bridge, NJ
If your traditional tank-type water heater is over 10 years old and not meeting your needs, consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. A tankless water heater offers immediate hot water and will save you money on energy. At Arctic Air, we offer high-quality tankless water heaters and install them with expert precision. Our team of licensed plumbers can help you choose the best tankless water heater for your needs and set it up for flawless performance.
For tankless water heater installation in Old Bridge, contact us online or by phone at 732-455-9110 to schedule a consultation today!
Enjoy Instant Hot Water With a Tankless Water Heater!
Unlike traditional tank-type water heaters, tankless water heaters don’t constantly heat and hold hot water in a large tank. Instead, they heat the water right when you need it, then stop heating it when you turn the hot water off. For this reason, they are also called on-demand water heaters. This saves energy by not continuously heating water. It also ensures that you’ll never have to take another cold shower again! And without a tank, these water heaters are more compact and can be installed in smaller spaces.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
If you’ve never had this type of water heater before, choosing a tankless water heater can be very strange. Instead of tank size, you need to consider the total volume of hot water needed at one time in your home. A tankless water heater can also fit into much smaller spaces, and depending on the fuel source, it may not need venting or a lot of clearance. Since tankless water heaters can last over 20 years, it’s important to choose a good location that benefits you in aesthetics and performance.
DIY Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless water heaters are smaller and less intimidating than tank water heaters, leading some homeowners to believe that a DIY installation might be easy. However, a tankless water heater still involves handling plumbing, electrical, and gas connections (in a gas tankless water heater). Local codes may also require a licensed plumber to do the work. If you plan to install your tankless water heater by yourself, here are the steps you’ll need to research and follow:
- Upgrade your gas line – Because they generate a significant amount of heat at one time, tankless water heaters require more gas when heating than tank water heaters. You will most likely need to run a larger gas pipe from your gas meter to your new tankless water heater.
- Remove your old water heater – Make sure to turn off water, gas, and electricity to the old water heater before removing it. Check with your local sanitation or recycling company for information on how to dispose of your old water heater properly.
- Decide on a location and mount the water heater – For a gas tankless water heater, select a location that will allow you to vent it to the outside. Pay attention to the manufacturer’s specifications for clearance all around the unit. You will need to build a mounting box and secure it safely to the wall so you can mount the tankless water heater 4 inches out from the wall.
- Connect the gas line – Connect your tankless water heater to the gas line. You’ll also need to install a gas shut-off valve, tee, and sediment trap. Connect everything carefully according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Install new water lines – You’ll need to connect new hot and cold water lines to your existing water lines, carefully following the manufacturer’s instructions for your tankless water heater. This will involve cutting and soldering, as well as various steps to ensure that the connections are tight and leak-free.
- Install the pressure relief valve – A pressure relief valve is a safety measure to release pressure if it builds up too high in the water heater. Install the pressure relief valve per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Install the exhaust vent (flue) – This involves cutting a hole in the wall to run the vent pipe to the outside.
As you can see, installing a tankless water heater is a complex process that requires knowledge of plumbing, electricity, natural gas, and safety codes. It’s best to hire a licensed, certified, and experienced professional who knows exactly what processes to follow to check that every step is successful. By hiring a professional, you can avoid fires, carbon monoxide leaks, water heater malfunction, and code violations.
Skip the risk and hassle of DIY installation – call Arctic Air for safe & effective tankless water heater installation in Old Bridge! To schedule a consultation, contact us online or give us a call at 732-455-9110.
Tankless Water Heater Installation From Arctic Air
When you need safe, precise, and efficient tankless water heater installation in Old Bridge, look no further than Arctic Air! Our tankless water heater specialists can perform all appropriate calculations to ensure that you get a tankless water heater that keeps up with the hot water demands of your home. We’ll also help you determine the best possible location to mount your tankless water heater.
Our team will then install your tankless water heater safely, setting it up for optimum performance. Our experienced pros will hook up all lines and major components, run your water heater through multiple performance tests and safety checks, and remove your old water heater for responsible disposal.
Choose Arctic Air for Tankless Water Heater Installation in Old Bridge, NJ
For over 40 years, our award-winning team has been serving homeowners throughout central New Jersey by keeping them safe and comfortable. As a family-owned and -operated company, we focus on providing top-of-the-line equipment with the best installation and service available in the industry. When you invite us into your home, we honor your trust by treating you and your home with respect. We’ll install a high-quality tankless water heater that’s perfect for your needs so that you can enjoy decades of on-demand hot water.
You can count on the expert team at Arctic Air for safe & effective tankless water heater installation in Old Bridge! To schedule a consultation, contact us online or give us a call at 732-455-9110.
FAQs About Tankless Water Heater Installation
How long do tankless water heaters last?
With proper maintenance, tankless water heaters can be expected to last over 20 years.
Can my tankless water heater be installed in the same place as my old tank water heater?
Tankless water heaters must be mounted on a wall. As long as there is a good place to vent your new water heater, we can install it in the same general area as your old water heater.
How long does tankless water heater installation take?
As long as our technicians do not encounter any unforeseen complications, the job takes around 3 to 5 hours. Even with unexpected complications, tankless water heater installation can typically be done all in one day.