Seven Ways to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient
1) Maintain your heating and cooling system-The best way to keep your equipment running at peak performance is to have Arctic Air do annual tuneups. It’s also important to clean or change air filters once a month
2) Seal air leaks-Fixing leaks around your home will hep you get the full performance out of insulation. The biggest gaps are usually found in the attic and basement.
3) Seal Ducts-Ducts that are damaged or block can leak conditioned air and reduce your system’s efficiency by as much as 20%. You can improve your ducts peformance by calling Arctic Air Conditioning.
4) Replace your old equipment with Energy Star Products-When purchasing heating or cooling equipment, look for the ENERGY Star label.
5) Make sure equipment is the right size for your home- If the heating or cooling unit is too large for yoru home it will frequently cycle on and off
6) Install a programmable thermostat- An energy star thermostat, when properly used, can save you about $100 every year in energy costs. When you are not home turn it down to save on costs.
7) Change your light bulbs- If every household replaced five frequently used lights, or the bulbs inside them, one trillion pounds of greenhouse gasses would be prevented from going into the air