Generator Maintenance & Repair in New Jersey
When it comes to maintaining appliances, backup generators are often forgotten about. But like any other appliance, they require tune-ups and inspections to keep them running efficiently and reliably. Your decision to install a standby generator was driven by preparedness principles. Maintaining your generator is also a principle of preparedness. Ensure your backup power source can be the backup you need by scheduling your annual maintenance appointments with the professionals at Arctic Air.
Learn more about generator maintenance and repair in New Jersey today! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule an appointment.
Types of Generator Maintenance We Offer
Understanding why your generator needs annual maintenance can help motivate you to schedule it. Generators require the following maintenance actions each year:
- Visual inspection. Your Arctic Air technician will carefully inspect how your generator looks, ensuring that all mechanical and electrical systems are intact and functional. This inspection will include looking for leaks, assessing oil and coolant levels, guaranteeing that belts and hoses are in good shape, and evaluating the battery terminals and cables.
- Oil and filter change. Oil in a Generac generator should be changed after the initial 20 to 30 hours and then after every 100 hours of run time moving forward.
- Function test. A power outage simulation test will be run to make sure the generator properly responds.
- Running test under load. Generator load testing is a vital part of your preventative maintenance. It involves an examination and evaluation of a genset. It makes sure that all primary components of the generator set are in proper working condition.
Get whole-home generator maintenance in New Jersey with Arctic Air! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 today!
Brands We Maintain and Repair
When your generator needs maintenance or repair, don’t delay. Arctic Air technicians are licensed and certified to help our New Jersey clients service their Generac generators, keeping them primed and ready to jump into action when needed. Generac generators are installed for their dependability, durability, and dedicated customer service. Your Generac warranty protects your investment and allows our experienced crew to get your equipment up to speed at a minimal cost.
Protect your generator investment with responsible maintenance and repair. Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free generator inspection and/or consultation.
Benefits of Generator Maintenance & Repair
Maintaining your generator isn’t just a good idea. It’s essential for ensuring the generator runs safely, correctly, and efficiently. Here are just a few reasons why maintaining your generator is a good idea:
- Maintenance keeps your standby generator ready for the next power outage.
- Maintenance catches generator problems early.
- Maintenance prevents carbon monoxide generation or poisoning.
- Maintenance improves your generator’s efficiency.
- Maintenance helps avoid fuel problems.
- Maintenance saves you money.
- Maintenance extends the generator’s life span.
The risks of not committing to regular generator maintenance are also considerable:
- Lack of power when you need it
- Costly repairs
- Increased hazard of carbon monoxide poisoning, electrocution, or fire
Remember, generator maintenance and repairs are not a DIY operation. They require professional servicing from a licensed and certified technician familiar with the generator type and brand.
Schedule your generator maintenance or repair today, and keep it running for you for years to come! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to get started today!
Why Choose Arctic Air?
When it comes to taking care of your generator, you need an expert team you can trust. Arctic Air offers 24/7 support when you need it. Serving the New Jersey area since 1977, our family-owned and -operated business offers premium service with the reliable results you require.
Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a generator repair in Old Bridge, New Jersey.
Generator Maintenance Frequently Asked Questions
How often should a generator be serviced?
Most generator maintenance plans have a weekly set of small, easy-to-perform tasks that homeowners can do independently. But a professional should perform a more detailed inspection every 6 to 12 months,
What is the average life span of a whole-house generator?
Most generator life spans are about 20 to 40 years. The exact amount of time will depend on how well it is maintained, how often it is used, and how many running hours it accumulates.
How often should generator oil be changed?
A full oil change should occur after every 100 hours of use, especially if the generator runs every day or over an extended period.
Generators should be cooled down before an oil change. Enlist an expert for improved safety and performance.
Never be without power! Diligently maintaining your whole home generator protects your home and family! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free inspection today.