Generator Installation & Replacement in New Jersey
Warm temperatures in New Jersey go hand-in-hand with our volatile storm season. Weather events damage electrical grids that can leave you without power for days—sometimes even weeks. Homeowners that have experienced the discomfort and dangers of storm-related power outages know that power is essential. Without power, your lights, AC, refrigerator, and sump pump can’t keep your home operating as it should. Protect your home investment and household by scheduling generator installation and replacement in New Jersey with the professionals at Arctic Air.
Learn more about generator replacement and installation in New Jersey today! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free consultation for generator installation.
Types of Generator Services We Offer
Generators are split into two categories: portable and standby/stationary generators. Standby generators are also called whole-home generators. Unlike portable generators, this type of generator is wired into your home, so it is always ready to perform when you need it. It only takes a few seconds for these generators to kick in when the power goes out.
Whole house generators come in a variety of sizes allowing you to choose how much coverage you want.
Arctic Air offers the following generator services in New Jersey:
- Installation. Your home’s size and power needs and your budget will determine which size generator you will need. Our team will go over all your options during your consultation.
- Replacement. Most manufacturers predict that your whole-house generator will last between 25 and 40 years if maintained well and installed properly.
- Repair. The most common generator repairs are battery issues, fuel issues, loose connections, lack of proper maintenance, faulty circuit boards, or improper installation. Don’t delay getting your generator repaired when there are issues. Reliable power is the backbone of your investment.
- Maintenance. Generators should be serviced annually for a system tune-up and inspection. These annual maintenance appointments will extend the life span of your generator.
Get whole-home generator installation, repair, and maintenance in New Jersey with Arctic Air! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 today!
Brands We Service or Install
Arctic Air is committed to providing our New Jersey clients with top-of-the-line generator technology and equipment. For this reason, we have partnered with the Generac brand for the best generators on the market. Generac generators are known for their reliability, durability, and customer access to superior service. Furthermore, Generac gives generous warranties to safeguard your investment.
Whatever your generator issue may be, we can help! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free generator inspection and/or consultation.
Generator Pros and Cons
When weighing out the pros and cons of a generator installation or replacement project, consider what your goals are for your home and household. Whole-house generators offer many benefits, including:
- Convenience. They provide backup power, so you never have to go without.
- Long-lasting power. Standby generator power will continue to operate your home for days on end.
- On-going refrigeration. A generator will maintain the quality and freshness of your food through a prolonged outage.
- HVAC system sustainability. You can stay comfortable in your home with a working AC during an outage. And during the winter having access to heat will also keep your pipes from freezing and bursting.
- Power to vital equipment. Household members with medical support equipment can continue to have the power they need.
On the flip side, whole-home generators have some cons to consider, but they are minimal compared to the gains. Some cons to consider are noise, cost, and professional servicing. Generators are not DIY appliances; they require professional installation, repair, and annual maintenance.
Investing in a whole-home generator is made easy when you enlist professionals to consult with you and perform an expert installation! Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to get started today!
Why Choose Arctic Air?
Generator replacement or installation offers homeowners greater peace of mind. However, the efficiency of your system depends on a top-rate installation. You can count on the pros at Arctic Air to deliver excellent service and reliability. Serving the New Jersey area since 1977, our family-owned and -operated company provides premium equipment with superior installation and service.
Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free consultation for generator installation.
Generator Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a portable generator and a natural gas (whole-house) generator?
Generators maintain power flow in your home in different ways during an outage. A portable generator offers immediate power, but only temporarily since most are powered by gasoline. A whole-house generator is permanently wired into your home and goes into action when the power goes out. Standby generators are connected to either natural gas lines or large fuel tanks, so they have an adequate fuel supply to get you through any extensive power outage.
What size generator do I need to power my home?
Choosing the right whole-house generator for your home will come down to your budget and specific power needs. The more appliances you want to power, the bigger (and more expensive) the generator you’ll need. A typical portable generator produces around 2kW to 4kW, whereas a 20kW rating is average for a whole-house generator to power your whole home.
Which fuel source is best for a whole-house generator?
Whole-house generators can be fueled by natural gas, propane, diesel, or gasoline. Natural gas is the most popular option because it is inexpensive, clean and efficient, and won’t run out since it is connected with your municipal supply. However, your home must have access to a natural gas line for this option to work.
Don’t get caught without power when you need it! Invest in a whole-home generator today to protect your home investment and your family from power outages. Contact us online or call us at 732-455-9110 to schedule a free consultation.