Water heater repair is urgent—it cannot wait. If you need fast, reliable service in the central New Jersey area, call the team at Arctic Air Conditioning. We work with gas and electric water heaters (tankless and conventional).
Call 732-455-9110 or contact us online to schedule service.
Do You Need Repair?
Do you need water heater repair or is your issue common? It can be difficult to tell. While some signs are clear, others can leave you feeling unsure. You may need repair or full water heater replacement if yours:
- Is not producing enough hot water: If your water heater stops doing its job, there could be a number of reasons why, from a pilot light issue to a broken thermostat. If your water doesn’t stay hot long enough, this also needs to be taken care of right away.
- Is leaking: Is there a water leak around the bottom of the heater? From a leak in the tank itself to a plumbing connection issue, there are a few different reasons why this may be happening.
- Has a build-up of minerals: If you have hard water, it may cause calcium mineral buildup. A water softener or scale filter is usually recommended.
- Is producing water that is discolored: If the water is discolored or “rusty” and you have a glass-lined tank, this is an indication that corrosion has formed inside it. It may also mean that the anode rod—an aluminum or magnesium rod that slowly dissolves into the tank to prevent corrosion—is failing.
- Smells bad: Foul odors are not a good sign and usually indicate a problem. A “rotten egg” smell is most likely caused by bacteria forming in built-up sediment.
- Is making a whining or banging noise: A high-pitched whining noise usually means that a layer of scale has built up on electric heating elements. A rumbling or banging noise can indicate that excessive sediment buildup is overheating the bottom of the tank, causing the water to boil and make a lot of noise.
Water Heater Service in Central Jersey
Arctic Air Conditioning repairs all types of water heaters, from tankless gas models to electric tank water heaters. We serve homeowners throughout Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, and Ocean counties. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule your repair!